Friday, July 6, 2012

Bro-Date with Robert (Dinner & Brave)

Tonight after work I headed over to my bestie Robert. We planned to grab some dinner and then see Brave. I've been wanting to see this movie since it came out a few weeks ago but just haven't had the time.

Got to Century City Mall, which is where we were meeting. Found Robert up in the food court area and we grabbed some Panda Express. It was nice just sitting there having dinner and chatting with Robert. Though we chat via IM all day long everyday it's still nice to sit down face to face and talk.

After dinner we headed over to he AMC to watch Brave. Robert thought we wouldn't have an issue getting a good seat since the movie has been out for a few weeks.. but I knew better.. it was a Friday and Brave is a family film. I was right the place was packed but we did manage to get some decent seats in the middle but all the way over on the right side. I normally don't like sitting on the sides but with this theater it wasn't so bad.

Now for my review of "Brave"

First some details, Brave, set in the highlands of 10th century Scotland, a skilled archer named Merida defies an age-old custom, causing chaos in her kingdom. After consulting a witch for help, her family becomes cursed and Merida is forced to undo the spell herself before it is too late.

Let me say that this isn't my favorite Pixar movie but it's far from my least favorite. I love the setting and cinematography is incredible. The scenery is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm a huge fan of the whole Celtic/Scottish culture. This is a really good mother / daughter story. But not being a mother or a daughter I could still identify with the main character. I loved Merida's spunkiness and attitude. Her father and brothers were fantastic and were defiantly the comedy relief of the movie.  Over all I'd give this movie a B

No comments:

Post a Comment