Sunday, July 1, 2012

Family, Podcast & An Unexpected Bestie

Today I headed over to my family's place out in Riverside. The main reason was to record some Alien Nation podcasts with my brother as this would be the only time I'd be able to do that and one is due to be released on the 10th. But on this trip I also got to have lunch with my Dad and spend some quality time with my nephew Kenobi. My niece Molly is still too little to do much but I enjoy getting to see her. I also enjoy chatting with my sister-in-law Lora.

My brother's family recently moved to a new house along with dad. For lunch my dad and I went to a new Chinese place hoping the food would be as good as my favorite Chinese food place in Corona. It was not, it's wasn't bad but it wasn't anywhere near as yummy as Hong Kong. Afterwards my dad needed some things from Target so we went shopping. While at Target I saw these tissue boxes with letters on the side of them and I was surprised to see that someone spelled out Doctor Who with them. Of course me being a geek I had to take a picture and post it for all to see.

Got back to my brothers and he and I started our viewing of Alien Nation. We usually watch an episode and then record the podcast while it's fresh in our minds. I was hoping to get three podcasts recorded but because of family and other factors we were only able to record two. These two podcasts, I felt, were some of our best, great episodes which lead to great discussions.

After podcasting he and I went out to El Pollo Loco to grab dinner for everyone. After eating I headed for home.

While driving home I got a text from my bestie Josh asking if I was working. I said no just on my way home from visiting family. He mentioned that he was just getting out of Magic Mountain and said it would be weird not to stop by and see me since he's never this close to where I live. I told him I was about a half hour away from my place and that I would meet him there. He was about 10 minutes ahead of me but we got to my place around 11ish. We both had to work the next morning but it had been a while since we just hung out and we both missed each other very much. We hung out and chatted until about 2am. He found out that he didn't need to be to work until 11am and since I was working late that night I could go in later as well. So we didn't mind staying up late and enjoying each others company. It was a great way to end a really fun and productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment