Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hobbit Wigs & Star Trek Pants

I got up today fairly early though I didn't get to bed until after 2am. I needed to find a new and better Hobbit wig as well as stock up on some new make up for my Hobbit ears. Like before I went to Namies down in North Hollywood (went to the same place last year).

First stop was the wig shop, last year I couldn't find anything there but this year I explained to the sales girl what I needed and to my surprise she was also going to comic con with her boyfriend who is a huge nerd. Anyways, we tried out a few things, unlike last year I was willing to pay more for real human hair. On our third try we manage to find a decent color looking wig, it was a bit longer but had some curls. We figured this one would be best to get and since it's real human hair we could treat it like real hair meaning it could be cleaned, cut and curled. The best part is that it was only $100 which is cheap for real human hair. And also since I'm a member of the PGA (Producer's Guild of America) and get a 10% discount..

After the wig shop I went over to the special effort store to buy some sponges, spirit gum and some new make up that matched my coloring more. After looking around for about 20 minutes I found everything I needed and checked out.

Now I have everything for my Hobbit outfit and I'm ready for con. Next stop was Target and Kohl's looking for black pants for my Star Trek outfit. But the trip was futile, I couldn't find any kind of black pants that weren't dress slacks. Since I already have black dress pants I didn't see any reason to get anymore.


Spent the rest of the day working on several of my podcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment