Wednesday, September 5, 2012

To Many Friends???

Is it possible to have to many friends? I never thought I would ever ask myself that question since I've haven't had many friends in the past but if you read my blog you know that the past year and a half I have built a significant amount of friendships. And me being me I love to keep in contact with them, keep up on their lives and see them from time to time. This wasn't a problem when I didn't have many friends, but now that I have a lot more I'm finding it much harder to keep up on every one's lives. And this makes me feel guilty for not being the "friend" I would like to be. So I ask the question; do I have to many friends?

Of course as I have mentioned in past blogs I have layers of friendships. My close/best friends I tend to talk to more often and see more often. Then the second tier and so on. But there are close friends that I don't talk to for months and when I do I find out all this stuff has gone on that I didn't know. I try and read up on folks Facebook and twitter but I only have enough time in the day for so much. I'm not a big talker on the phone but I do love to text so I try and keep in contact that way. But even with all that I feel like I don't talk to 2/3'ds of my friends on a regular bases and I don't like that.

So what is the solution? Stop making friends? Pick and choose which ones I keep up with? I don't know. I do know that in the past I'd say about 75% of the friendships I did have I would give 90% and they would return 10% in regards to keeping in touch, hanging out and such. But I will not be doing that anymore. If a friendship is worth having then both parties need to give 100% each to that friendship. I mean I know there are times when one or the other will be super busy but a friendship is made up of two people.

I love writing this blog as it really lets me write out my thoughts and when looking at them I ask myself am I just over thinking this.. a friendship shouldn't be work.. it should just happen and be enjoyed. I don't know.. I don't know if there really is a solution. All I can do is try my best at keeping up with those that are closest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment