Saturday, September 8, 2012

Reconnecting With My Padawan

Well it's been over a year since I have talked about my Padawan Troy. During San Diego Comic Con 2011 we had a falling out. I don't really know what I did or said but for some reason he unfriended me on Facebook and stopped following me on twitter. That was the year that everything was stolen from my jeep including his laptop, autographed pictures and other comic con stuff. I reached out to him several times over the year but never got a response.

Anyways I've always enjoyed his company, I think he's a very sweet guy and we had a cool friendship and I'm not one to let something like that just go without a fight. So last week I messaged him on Facebook, though we are not friends, I could still send him messages. He responded within minutes and we started to communicate again. We decided to get together this coming weekend for lunch... and today is the day.

He arrived around 2ish and it wasn't awkward at all. It was like no time had passed. I gave him a hug hello and we immediately headed out. I was hungry so we headed to Chili's. We caught up on each other lives. Not a whole lot was happening for him. We ate and chatted for about 2 hours. Afterwards we headed back to my place to hang out. He didn't have any plans and though I could have done yard work I was happy to be hanging with my padawan again. He is doing a Buffy watch as well but was at the end of S3. I am doing a Buffy rewatch with my bestie Robert but we are in the early part of season 2. So I figured I can watch some Buffy with Troy since it will be months before Robert and I get to S3/S4. So that's what we did. We watched the last three episodes of S3 and the first four episodes of S4. We hung out until about 11pm when we finally said our goodbyes.

It was a good visit... you could tell he didn't want to talk about why he was mad at me. I would have like to know as I've never lost a friend like that. But I was happy to have him back in my life and to be honest it doesn't really matter.. all that matters is that we are friends again and I'm extremely happy about that. Looking forward to seeing where our friendship goes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment