Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Another Busy Day

Today was all about podcasts. I put a call out for Fanboys and Fangirls to contact me if they wanted to be on my Confessions of a Fanboy podcast and I actually got about ten responses. So today I set up four interviews via skype, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 6pm.

Spent the morning working on finishing up the section of weed pulling between my house and garage. I've been working on that section for two weeks and it's finally done.  Watched some TV, and surfed the net waiting for 1pm.

My first interview was with BJ about his love of animation. Next was with Bob and his love of The Prisoner, Buffy and Dexter. Third was Jesse talking about Comic Books. All the interviews went well.

Time for a break from interviewing. I had a few errands to run and had to squeeze them in between the interviews. Went to UPS, then CVS to use the coinstar to exchange coins that have been accumulating for years. I wound up having $523 dollars.. how crazy is that. When using these coinstar machines they charge a fee of 9.6% of your total. But they offer gift cards to popular stores and those are fee free. So I opted to spread that money over several gift cards. Amazon, Chili's, CVS and Lowes. I did get about $150 in cash and did pay the 9.6% fee.

After CVS I did indeed to go Lowes to pick up painting supplies for this weekend painting of the outside of my house. After Lowes I stopped by Costco gas (it's the cheapest gas I could find) filled up my tank, then went to an ATM to deposit a check, then to the post office to drop of a letter and finally Taco Bell to pick up some dinner.

Got home around 6:15 and had about a half hour to eat before my next interview with Steve about Lost Girl. After this interview we talked for an additional 2 hours. We've actually been online friends for several years, he's a huge supporter of many of my podcasts and we never actually talked so this was our first time and alot of fun.

After talking to him I did what I have done the past week or so.. jumped on Minecraft and play for 2 to 3 hours.. so addictive.

1 comment:

  1. Kenny, thanks for having me as a guest, I really enjoyed it. I meant to mention that if you want to send us s promo, we will play it (we don't have one yet).

    In the DexterCast episode 0, we talk about our reservations about watching a show about a serial killer. People told me he only kills bad guys, and I imagined mindless vigilante violence, like Dirty Harry/Rambo, which I had no interest in. What should have tipped me off that it was different was that most of the people telling me to watch were women, and that has held up - three of our four hosts, most of our guests, and two thirds of our Facebook group are women, which wouldn't have been true if it were the gorefest I had imagined.

    ReplyDelete