Thursday, October 11, 2012

Minecraft & Podcasts

Dwarf Hall
Today I woke up and and continued where my night ended. I jumped on Minecraft and really fleshed out Hobbiton. I'm really happy with how it's coming along.  I can recall if I mentioned this but Chris and I are re-creating our version of middle earth in Minecraft. Chris has been working on the Land of Men and the Dwarf Halls while I've been digging holes for Hobbiton. It's a ton of fun but very time consuming. 3 hours were gone just like that.

I got an email from Felicia Day who I was suppose to interview tomorrow but something came up and she said I could push it forward to 9am (which doesn't work so well for me) or come in this after noon at 2. So I ended my fun on Minecraft and loaded up my audio equipment and packed it in the jeep. An hour and a half later I was sitting in my car in front of Felicia's house making sure I had brought everything.

Taken during one of The Guild's Xmas Specials
Went to the back of her house to her Geek and Sundry offices where I found her with her boyfriend. We chatted for a few minutes before her boyfriend left leaving us to record. I set up my equipment while Felicia and I chit chatted. I had planned to talk to her about all of season six of The Guild for the companioncasts but after talking forty-five minutes about episode one I knew I wouldn't get through everything. So we opted to talk about just the first episodes and then I'll come back and talk about the remaining episodes at a later date. It was a blast chatting with the creator of The Guild. Got some cool insights into what she was thinking when she was writing this season. We talked for about an hour and 15 when the interview come to a close. What I didn't expect was to sit down and chat with her for another hour about personal stuff.

I would call Felicia a friend, but we don't have that kind of friendship where I could call her up and say.. "let's have lunch" or "let's hang out". But for the first time we actually just hung out and just chatted like friends... it was pretty epic.

Afterwards I said my goodbye and headed back home. Traffic was pretty bad but I was still on cloud nine after my conversation with Felicia. So I didn't mind it at all.

Stopped into town to get some dinner before heading home and crashing and watching some TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing all the companion podcasts. Really enjoyed the My Gimpy Life ones.

    Also.. More minecraft pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete