Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Ups & Downs of Saturday

Today my buddy Adam was coming over for the weekend to work. Many find my place a retreat from the world and he really needed to focus. I spent the morning cleaning up the house. I've been cleaning all week long but this was dusting, vacuuming and such. Around 10:30 I got a text from him letting me know that he wasn't feeling so hot and was going to rest and not be up today. I was bummed as I was looking forward to hanging with him but understood his situation. Later in the day I texted him and asked if he was going to come up on Sunday and he said that once he felt better he actually got into a groove and thought it would be better to just stay home.

So with Adam not coming over, I took a break for household duties and watched four episodes of Lost Girl. I have 10 eps from Season Two on my DVR. Once you start watching it's so hard to stop. I did manage to pull myself away after four. Which leaves six to go.

I got an email from my friend America asking for me to participate in "something". I can't officially announce it yet but when I can you know I will. I of course said yes as it sounds super fun. So stay tuned for more information on that.

I tweeted and facebooked a request for more guests for my Confessions of a Fanboy podcast. I really let this podcast fall by the waste side. So today I decided to step it up and put the request out there. I'll set up interview skype calls this week and get a backlog of guests recordings so I can go back to releasing an episode a month. 

Was suppose to go to dinner with my buddy Christopher and his sister, unfortunately his sister got food poisoning a few days ago and still wasn't feeling to hot so it was cancelled... which left my night open and my buddy Chris filled it with 3 and a half hours of Minecraft (that game is so addictive).

I wasn't as productive today as I would have liked to have been and I think being alone for the week (since I'm jobless) started me down that "funk" path I was in when I was out of work for nine months. I really need to not go down that road again. Wasn't a happy place and I don't wish to visit it again. I can say by the end of the night and having played Minecraft with Chris my spirits were lifted and I did go bed feeling better. Let's hope I stop the funk before it starts.

1 comment:

  1. I sadly know how you feel in regards to getting into a funk so if you ever want/need to talk feel free to let me know and I'll be there. Hope the rest of your week picks up :)

    ReplyDelete