Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Podcasting

So tonight after work I went home determined to not do anything but finish my Alien Nation podcast which is due to be released in four days. I have been putting it off and putting it off. I did work on it a bit over the weekend but then I was having Avid/Hard Drive issues and stopped. I did mange to get the bulk of it done by midnight. I still have some offline media which I will deal with tomorrow morning before work. I hope to get this episode done and uploaded by end of day tomorrow.

I have to get back into podcasting. It's not like I'm bored with it or anything but sometimes it feels more like a job and once that happens it's no longer fun. But I truly love podcasting and I hope to continue podcasting for many years to come.

I have been doing alot of thinking about where to go next. I currently have five running podcasts and a sixth that I have been trying to get off the ground for over three years now. I have put my My Gimpy Life on hiatus until there is news about a season two.

My Knights of the Guild podcast has been dying a slow death. The past year has been a real hit and miss with it. I haven't been able to keep on a regular schedule. I think when Jenni left a huge part of the podcast charm went with her and I haven't been able to really bring it back up to it's prime. I have some audio from the set of Season Six but I think once that is done I'll bring that podcast to an end... maybe this summer.

Confessions of a Fanboy, like KOTG is starting to flounder a bit. I have four or five great interviews in the can.. I just need to get motivated to do the editing and post them. I'm already a few months behind and I hate that because I really do enjoy this podcast. This one has the potential to go on for many many years. Just need a good kick in the butt.

MASH 4077 is my strongest and most listen to podcast. This is the only podcast that I make sure I release every 1st and 15th of the month like clockwork. It's been going two years and the audience has grown from a few hundred a month to over 10,000 a month. We still have material for another eight years.. there is no end in sight for this one.

My Alien Nation podcast is just fun. It's probably the least listen to out of all my podcasts but we have some very loyal listeners. This is the podcast I do with my brother and we have such an awesome time doing it, that we'd do it even if nobody was listening to us. We have enough material to last a few more years.

The Geek RoundTable is the podcast that has been in the works for 3 years. It's the podcast that I've been wanting to do since I started podcasting. All my podcasts are for specific shows or things. This one is a general geek/nerd thing. This one will have the most guest hosts and that is one of the reasons why it's taking to long to get started. I hope to have it up and running by the end of the year. My co-host Charles has been super patient with me and I can't wait to get it going.

I just want to thank all my loyal listeners, you guys are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment