Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stitcher Radio

So I've been hearing about Stitcher Radio for over a year.  What is Stitcher.. Stitcher is the leader in Internet Radio for the world beyond music. They deliver the latest news, politics, sports, business and entertainment on-demand to listeners on their mobile phones. The Stitcher app has been downloaded over 8 million times and offers the best programming from thousands of content providers including NPR, Fox and CNN. Stitcher is available for iPhone, Android and iPad and is being integrated directly into new Ford and GM vehicles.

Several of my fellow friends/podcasters have uploaded their podcasts to this server. I have been hesitant because I have been working on my own kind of "geeky" Radio station and I didn't want to have my podcasts locked into one network.

In the past I have had offers to join other networks but when you read the fine print you find out that once your podcasts are part of their network, they either partly own your podcasts or restrict you from sharing your podcasts on any other network. I did not want his.

Recently when recording my MASH podcast with my buddies Meds and Al mentioned getting our MASH 4077 podcast up on Stitcher and I shared with them my concerns. They informed me that Stitcher is no like that. They don't require any kind of contract and they don't require to own anything of the podcasts. All they ask is that you promote Stitcher Radio.

After checking out the site myself and thoroughly reading the rules I came to the conclusion that this is just another great outlet like itunes for podcasters and I signed up with my five current podcasts.

Now I just have to wait and see if I get approved. Both Meds and Al said that their audience really grew once they were part of this Radio station... here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment