Friday, April 26, 2013

Magic Mountain Thrice

Today I went to Magic Mountain for the third time in three weeks. This time I went with my best bud Chris and his friend Kody. Kody is a huge roller coaster fan, since they were in CA Chris told him that they had to go to Magic Mountain for the best roller coasters around. Both guys crashed at my place the night before so we could get up early and head over.

But before we headed to the park we had to stop by one of Chris' favorite places.. Vasquez Rocks. He wanted to show his buddy the famous peaks and climb the tallest one. So we were up at 8am and out the door around 8:30. Got to Vasquez and the guys immediately started to climb the peak. I hung back as I didn't have the correct shoes but I also wanted to get some pictures.

After Vasquez we ran over to Denny's for a quick breakfast before heading to Magic Mountain. They opened at 10:30am and we got there just before 10:30.  The guys already got their tickets (on the Military base, discounted). So we got in line and was in the park in less then 10 minutes.

I wanted to do the most popular rides first since the lines would only get worse as the day went on so we went over to X2, but it was currently closed and I didn't want to waste any time waiting in line not knowing if it would open anytime soon. So we moved on to Tatsu and literally walked onto the ride. Kody is hilarious when he rides a roller coaster.. he giggles like a mad man the entire time... it's pretty awesome. After Tatsu we hit X2 (now open), Viper, Ninja, Superman (I haven't been on this since the changed the direction of the car and reopened it... it was pretty awesome), Jet Streamer (of course I got the wettest) and Apocalypse.

We then had lunch, crowds were very low today and we pretty much walked onto all the rides.. X2 was our longest wait at 40 minutes.. but everything else has been cake.. my goal is to have Kody ride every single Roller Coaster in the park.. so far we are doing pretty well.

After lunch we hit Riddler's Revenge, Tidal Wave (the guys did as I didn't want to get soaked again), Green Lantern First Flight, Batman, Colossus, Scream, Lex Luther's Drop of Doom, Goliath and Revolution. That was every coaster at the park with exception of the kiddy roller coaster and Gold Rush which was shut down when we were near it.

I couldn't believe we did every available coaster at the part and it was only 4:30pm.. still had an hour and a half to kill before the park was closed so we re-rode Kody's favorites. First up was Tatsu again, this time we rode in the very back and I have to say compared to riding in the very front it's a completely different ride in the back.. alot more intense, especially the back loop.. crazy cool.

We were close to Roaring Rapids when we got off Tatsu and Chris was bugging me all day to go on it and I kept refusing (but I knew I would be riding it) as I always get soaked on that ride. So the time came and of course I got hit left and right with waves.. but I have to say poor Kody on the last dip got the worse as a wave came over the raft and drenched him from head to toe.

Afterwards we rode X2 and Superman for a second time. The park was closed but we were passing by Gold Rush and it was still running so we jumped on so Kody could say he rode every roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

It was a bit confusing as the park closed at 6pm but rides were still going and folks were still riding.. come to find out that there was a special event going on and that you had to have a yellow wrist band to ride after 6pm. So we made our way out of the park and back to the car. It was the best day I've had at the park in terms of riding rides. I've never walked onto so many rides or rode so many rides in a single day.

After MM we headed to a local In-n-Out, as the guys wanted to have it since they don't have them in Montana, but the place was packed and Kody has had it before. So we opted to go to one of my favorite burger place Islands. Obviously Chris has been there many times but this was Kody's first.

After dinner we headed back to my place and played a game of Cards Against Humanity with Anthony and Michele. It was a fun game and though Kody was a noob he did really well at figuring out what cards to play for each person.

We called it a night around 10:30pm as both Chris and Kody had to be up at 5:45am to hit the road back to Montana.

Had a great day hanging with my best friend Chris and my new friend Kody.

No comments:

Post a Comment