Tuesday, April 23, 2013

San Diego Zoo

Woke up around 7:30am, Nicki was already up and ready so I jumped in the shower and ate a little breakfast. We headed over to the San Diego Zoo around 8:30 and got there just before 9am. We were to meet up with Chris and Kody at 9. Nicki and I sat out front and chatted for bit. Nicki and I never seem to be at a lose of things to talk about.. I love that about her.

The guys showed up around 9:30, we got to meet Kody. He's one of Chris' friends/co-worker in the Military out in Montana. He drove down with Chris for the military seminar. Nicki got me into the park for free and both Chris and Kody got in free because they are military ( I think it's cool that the San Diego Zoo let's military people in for free).  Now I haven't been to the SD Zoo in over 30 years so I was looking forward to this. Nicki comes all the time so she played tour guide. We had a few other folks who planned to join us later.

We walked around checking out the Giraffes, Kangaroos, Rhinos, Elephants, Llamas, Camels, Pandas, Hippos, Tigers, Flamingos and then Tortoises. 

Our friend Ruben showed up and joined the party. We went and grabbed a bite to eat and then Rachelle and Anne joined us. We walked around a bit checking out other animals and then jumped on the sky tram thingy that takes you to the other side of the park. We checked out the kids section and a few more animals that we missed in our first go round.

By 4pm we were tired and my back and ready to call it a day. It was a lot of fun and it was great having Rachelle, Anne and Nicki as our tour guides. 

Chris and Cody were heading to a baseball game, Ruben was heading back to the Zoo to see the stuff he missed. Rachelle and Anne were heading back to her place so I caught a ride back with Nicki. Once back at her place I didn't want to get on the road as traffic would be horrific so I hung out with her and eventually Anne before leaving their place around 6:30pm.

Jumped on the road and went about forty or so miles outside of SD before stopping for dinner. Traffic wasn't that bad and I made it home by 10pm. I was exhausted from the drive and from walking around the Zoo all day. But it was totally worth it as I got to hang out with a bunch of good friends and made a new one with Kody.. but my favorite part of course was getting to hang with my best bud Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment