Monday, April 22, 2013

Who, Trek and More

I watched the latest episode of Doctor Who called "Hide". I really enjoyed this episode. This new season has kind of been lackluster for me. Not that they haven't been good Who episodes.. I mean any Who is good Who but there hasn't been an episode were when it was finished I thought to myself.. wow that was great. But tonight's episode changed all that. Here's a brief synopsis: Clara and the Doctor arrive at Caliburn House, a haunted mansion sat alone on a desolate moor. Within its walls, a ghost hunting Professor and a gifted psychic are searching for the Witch of the Well. Her apparition appears throughout the history of the building, but is she really a ghost? And what is chasing her?

This was a very creepy and spooky episode. What you think is a cool ghost story turns into something completely different (I won't spoil it). One thing I really loved about this episode is that I couldn't predict what was going to happen next. Every twist and turn was a surprise to me, even in the last few minutes.. I didn't have a clue what was going to happen.... loved that. Got a bit more into the whole "who is Clara" storyline which is my favorite of this season. I hope this upswing continues in the next episode.

Today a scene from the upcoming Star Trek movie Star Trek Into Darkness was released. If you know me you know I'm a huge Star Trek fan. I very much enjoyed the new incarnation of Trek but it's defiantly not my Trek of old... but it's still great in it's own right so I'm looking forward to this movie but this scene really got me excited and I can't wait for May 17th. Check out the scene here:



During the evening I got my oil changed on my new car.. first time ever.. I've already hit 5000 miles and it's only been a few months. 

I had dinner with a good friend of mine Christopher. We met up in Burbank at Zanku Chicken. I rarely eat there so when I do it's a real treat. It was great hanging out with Christopher and catching up on each other lives. We use to hang out all the time but life and work has kind of gotten in the way, but we do try and see each other as much as possible. 

After dinner I drove down to San Diego to crash at my friends Nicki and Anne's place. My best bud Chris was down here visiting for a business trip and we planned to hang out tomorrow at the Zoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment