Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Date


I don't normally talk about my relationships on my blog, it tends to be an off topic subject for me but occasionally I feel like sharing important milestones and today I think was an important one.

Some of you might not know this but ever since Harry and I broke up in January of 2011 I have not dated a single person... yes it's been over two years. At first it was because I was coming out of an eight year relationship and didn't want to jump back into anything to soon. And then it became just a normal part of my life. I came to the conclusion that I am single and it seems like I'll be single the rest of my life. Though I've been extremely lonely during those two years it never motivated me to do anything about it. I figured if I was meant to find someone then it would happen. And though I have some gorgeous guys in my life (you know who you are..) they are unfortunately straight as an arrow. But the past few months I have decided to not just sit around and hope for Mr. Right to knock on my door. I signed up for several online dating sites and for the past few months I have gotten a few bites (not much really). But one in particular caught my eye and we started chatting.

As the week went by we talked via the sites messaging system and we seemed to get along and wanted to meet in person.. so today I had my very first lunch date in over 10 years. People kept asking me if I was nervous and I wasn't. After being in a relationship for 8 years I know what I want in a partner and I know what I'm willing to overlook. So I went into this date with no expectations.

I won't go into great details about the date, but it was very enjoyable. Started off a bit rocky as we were to meet up at Universal Citywalk, Hard Rock Cafe at 12:30pm. He didn't arrived until about 1:15pm. It was partly my fault as I've been to Citywalk many times and know where to park and go. Well he is new to LA and still learning the area and had no idea where to park or go. He finally just parked down on the street and walked up the hill to Citywalk.. I felt bad for not thinking of explaining where to park for Citywalk. But once he was there everything else went smoothly. We had some good conversations, we got to know each other a bit better, we also talked geek as he is also a geek, maybe not to the extreme as me but he could hold his own. We weren't able to explore Citywalk as planned as he was parked at a 2 hr meter and time was limited. I offered to drive him back to his car and when I dropped him off I was feeling like things went well. I enjoyed my time with him and was willing to give it another date to see what happens. As I was saying Thank you, I mentioned maybe doing it again sometime. He hesitated and then said.. "um yeah" and then exited my car. Hmmm not really sure what happen but that's how it goes sometimes.

The upside to this is I've started dating again. I have taken the next step in not being alone. Even if things didn't turn out as planned it was a good date and a great way to jump back in to the dating pool... I call it a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment