Friday, April 19, 2013

Visting my Dad

When I visit family it's kind of like an all day thing. My family lives about 2 hours away from me. I normally get up, eat breakfast, check my emails, surf online and about 10am I take a shower and get ready to head out. I normally leave my house around 11/11:30 and get to brother's place around 1/1:30. I go out to lunch with my Dad and then visit the rest of the family, Brother, Sister-in-law, nephew and niece for about four or five hours then I head home for another two hour commute and by the time I'm home it's about 8pm and I eat some dinner, watch some TV and then go to bed.

Today I was visiting my Dad only. My brother and his family went to Vegas for a wedding. My dad was going to be by himself all day so I figured I'd go and hang out with him for a bit. I try and visit him as much as possible, my Dad has had two battles with cancer, several stokes and several heart attacks.. but he is still with us. I think his grand kids are keeping him alive, he loves them so much and vis verse. So I try and go down to visit every two to three weeks. It was a good visit.. we went out to my favorite Chinese restaurant Hong Kong for lunch. After lunch we headed back to my brothers place and hung out for a bit. He got a new Kindle Fire for Xmas last year and he loves it so I was showing him various options and apps he could use. Left his place around 4, got home around 6, ate some dinner and watched some TV before calling it night.

No comments:

Post a Comment