Saturday, May 18, 2013

Doctor Who S7 Finale

~SPOILERS~

Not only did a get to see the AWESOME Star Trek Into Darkness (check out my previous blog) but afterwards I came home and got to watch Doctor Who Season Seven Finale. Now if you've been reading my blog you know that I haven't been a big fan of the second half of season seven. I mean this season hasn't been bad, all the episodes have been good, some even really good but none of them left me with the OMG moment like they have done in the past.

I so loved Clara in the Dalek episode and the Christmas special, but they haven't really done much with her in the series. I loved the whole "Who is Clara" storyline and why is she showing up through out the Doctor's lives. But again none of the episodes really dealt with that. It was mentioned here and there but nothing to serious. For the most part episodes have been stand alone episodes not really relating to the others.

Like I said I'm still enjoying the series but alot was riding on this finale and I have to say it didn't disappoint. I loved it, they finally explain who Clara is and why there are multiple versions of the same person. I loved how they blended her into all the other Doctor adventures. I like that they brought back the trio (Vastra, Jenny, Strax) and I really loved that River was back. This is one of those episodes that after it's over you are throughly confused but as I read more online and other peoples thoughts things start to make a little sense. 

The final shot of John Hurt and then they title it As The Doctor, but he's the one that was never called the Doctor. Many are speculating that he's actually the 8th Doctor, the one during the time war. This entire episode is leading up to the 50th Anniversary episode in November. Should be pretty EPIC!!! Can't wait. 

So did this finale change my thoughts about the second half of season seven. Not really it's still a season that I really don't need to go back and watch.. but I think the finale did get me super excited for the 50th anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment