Monday, July 22, 2013

Goodbyes and Disneyland

Got up around 8am and made some breakfast for Chris and I. He was heading back to Montana today... I was was not happy. We watched some TV then wrote in each other's Guild Companion books. I waited to write in his and Roberts because I really wanted to write something meaningful.  He packed up and we headed out about 11am. His flight wasn't until 4pm but I had made plans to hang out with some "out of town/country" Guildies plus Chris was going to hang out with Jen and Jes, before heading to the airport and flying back. We got to Jen's around noon, we took his stuff inside her place and the three of us chatted for about a half hour.

I don't know what it was about this time but I cried saying goodbye to Chris. The past few visits I didn't and the only thing I can think of that is different this time is that he has no plans of come back and I have no current plays to go to Montana. We don't know when will be seeing each other again and I think that's what pushed me over the edge. We hugged for quite some time before parting ways and saying "see you later". We had a great six days of hanging out. I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

I was depressed now so what better place to go then Disneyland for the much needed cheering up. I got to Disneyland around 1pm and went straight to the Little Red Wagon to get me a yummy corndog. While I was eating it I contacted the folks who I was meeting up with. Lydia and Eva had been there all day and found me first. Then Brian, Dani and Doug who had just arrived joined us. it was fairly busy and the lines were a good 50 + minute wait . The group of us first road Star Tours, then Eva and Lydia had fast passes for Space Mountain so Doug, Dani, Brian and I went on the Indiana Jones ride. Eva and Lydia met up with us once again and we rode Pirates of the Caribbean. We then walked around Fantasyland before getting in line for

It's A Small World... fyi this was Eva and Doug's first time at Disneyland. The ride broke down so we got out of line and instead went for a bite to eat. We all had fast passes for Star Tours but Eva opted out of riding it again. We then rode Astro Blasters before deciding to grab some dinner. While we were heading to dinner Andrew Seely joined us. We had a yummy fried chicken dinner (except Dani) and rested for a bit. We then went to Space Mountain and rode that.

By this time it was 10pm and I was tired and called it a night. I said goodbye to the gang and headed home. Once home I watched some TV and tried to stay awake as Dani, Doug and Brian were crashing at my place tonight before heading up to the San Fransisco area tomorrow. They didn't get to my place until around 2am. Once they were settled in we called it a night and I got some much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment