Sunday, July 21, 2013

San Diego Comic Con - Day 5 - Sunday


The final day of con is upon us. I'm sad that it's all over, that I'm not going to be seeing all these wonderful friends everyday. I'm sad that I won't be waking up, hanging out and laughing with my best buds like we have the past five days...  but I am happy that it's over. SDCC takes a lot of energy and wear and tear on your body. And as I get older my body takes longer and longer to recoup.

For this final day I did not cosplay, I wanted to walk around the floor, take pictures and see anything that I had missed the past four days. I also wanted to purchase things that I have been eying all con.

We checked out of the hotel, and loaded up the car. We were leaving the car at the hotel and just being charged a late checkout. We stopped by a Subway and picked up some breakfast. Last year Chris and I had Subway every morning before con.. this was our first time this year. We got to the sales floor around 11ish. No one from our party was cosplaying this time. My brother hit the floor, he wanted to pick up a few things and then he was heading home back to his family. We said our goodbyes. Chris, Robert and I spent the rest of the day walking the floor. Other friends would join us, then leave but it was always the three of us.

I didn't plan to spend alot of money (as I don't have any) but I did mange to purchase a few dice for D&D but I was actually disappointed in the amount of things I didn't buy... but I guess it was good in the end.

We had dinner reservation at 4pm at the Gaslamp Strip Club. A few years back Chris and I discovered this Steakhouse and it's been kind of a tradition to get a large group of friends and have our "final" goodbye dinner there. Well this is now the third year and the group just gets bigger and bigger. We had over 30+ people and we took up their entire back room. If you've never been to the Strip Club it's a Steakhouse where you grill your own steak over an open fire. There are like big communal grills for everyone to use. It's a fun experience and I guess that's why we keep doing it year after year. Chris is the steak man so he grilled a bunch of steaks for folks. This years steak wasn't that great for me. The steak itself was way to fatty.

6:30pm came and we said our final goodbyes, this is always the hard part. Some of these people you won't see again until next year. After our goodbyes we headed back to the hotel one last time, we picked up our car and headed home. I actually wasn't feeling so well (stomach issues). So we had to stop a few times but it took us about 3 hours to get back to Robert's place. Chris and I loaded our stuff into my car and it was another hour before we were home and San Diego Comic Con 2013 was official over.

Chris was crashing at my place and leaving back for Montana tomorrow. We didn't do much once we got home as it was late and we both were exhausted so we called it a night.

Day 5 of San Diego Comic Con 2013, was a nice way to end con, surrounded by friends and having an awesome time.

Pictures from SDCC 2013 Album 1

Pictures from SDCC 2013 Album 2

Pictures from SDCC 2013 Album 3

No comments:

Post a Comment