Friday, July 19, 2013

San Diego Comic Con - Day 3 - Friday

Slept pretty good but then again I was somewhat drunk and it had been a long day. I slept to about 8am and laid there around hour until 9, before getting up and starting my day. I knew I'd be late to con today and I was cool with that. Didn't really have anything planned this year. No panels just hanging with friends and cosplaying.

My brother arrived around 10am and joined Robert, Chris and I in our room. I was preparing my Hobbit cosplay (this time I was playing Bilbo) and once again I struggled with the ears. It took me four attempts, an hour and 15 minutes and two sets of ears before I said screw it and just left them the way they were. The bondo that I had was a few years old and it turned into a kind of rubbery paste and I could no longer use it to smooth out the lines.

In the past I have left my ears on the entire con, it makes it interesting to sleep but it saves me so much time in the morning. But since I was going to the VIP party last night I didn't want to have my Hobbit ears on and removed them.. I'm kind of regretting that now. 

I was tired and frustrated, not the best way to start out my Friday con day. I did help my buddy Chris get into his "extremely popular" Altair cosplay from Assassins Creed. And I finished putting on my Hobbit feet and wig... luckily for me the wig/hair covers up most of the ears so it didn't look that bad.

Mike, Robert, Chris and I headed to the con around 11:30am. We walked the floor checking out all the cool booths. My brother wanted some Hasbro toys but I informed him that he would have to get up super early like 3am and get in line to get a ticket to get in line to buy a Hasbro toy... and he was up for it, but I told him let me tweet and see if any of my friends already had a Hasbro ticket and would be willing to pick up the items he wanted. Luckily my friend Steve saw my tweet and mentioned it to another friend of mine Luis who had a ticket and was gracious enough to pick up the items for my brother.

Chris was with for a bit before heading off to an Assassins Creed panel. My brother also left to walk around upstairs in the autograph room. That left Robert and I walking the floor.. we were joined by various friends at time but it ended up just being the two of us. We headed over to the Hilton as I heard there was a Hobbit hole made up entirely of Lego's.. I had to see it. We found the Hobbit Hole along with the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine. We got pixs and found some picnic table to relax for a bit. My brother re-joined us as did Luis with my brother's Transformers and SW Angry Bird figures. Our friend Will joined us as well but didn't leave with us when we decided to head back inside.

We meet up with more friends and Chris re-joined our party. We decided to go grab a late lunch, early dinner at the Spaghetti Factory, while there we were joined by photographer Ariel. She would be taking some photo's of our group for an article that was being written for Wired.com. (I'll be doing a separate blog on this whole thing.. stay tuned).

We finished lunch and Mike headed back to the hotel as he didn't want to carry around his huge Transformer toy. We meet up with some friends and started to walk the floor. We had a rather large group and it's always tough navigating the floor with a large group, but we did our best.

About an hour later I called it a day.. it was around 5:30pm. I had to get back to the hotel room and help my brother get into his Tron outfit. When I got back I took off my Hobbit outfit and put on some street clothes. I was talking to my brother when Robert and Chris joined us.

Chris actually helped my brother with his Tron outfit. It was getting dark and my brother's cosplay looks best in the dark. Once he was done he took off to got to con and walk the streets.

Robert, Chris and I were heading out to see my friend Jason Charles Miller preform at a local bar. The audio wasn't the best at this place but it was great seeing him play live. His music is a cross between country and rock. We were there for a few hours and had a great time. Afterward we headed to the Geek and Sundry Community Party. This was for any and everyone and from the crowds it looked like everyone was there. I stayed for about an hour before calling it a night. I had partied hard last night and I didn't have the energy to do it again. So Robert, Rupert and I headed back to our hotels..Rupert had to pick up some stuff he left in our room, but before we got there we stopped by a Hot Dog place and grabbed a bit to eat.

We got back to the hotel and a few minutes later my brother Michael arrived and I helped him remove his Tron outfit. The three of us went to bed around midnight. Chris got in around 2am or so.

Day 3 of San Diego Comic Con 2013, got off to a slow start. I only cosplayed for about six hours, got to enjoy a great concert and went to another G&S party, but didn't party as hard. Overall it was a good Friday.

Pictures from SDCC 2013 Album 1

Pictures from SDCC 2013 Album 2

Pictures from SDCC 2013 Album 3

No comments:

Post a Comment