Thursday, August 22, 2013

Job Interview, Batman Backlash & Sci fi Vs Fantasy

Today I had a job interview, seems like these are so far and few between. It was set for 11am in Hollywood so I was up and out of my house by 9am. It only took me an hour and 15 to get there so I sat in my car for 45 minutes and listen to some podcasts to kill time. I met with two people, the post director and the post manager. It lasted about 20 minutes or so and it went pretty well.

If I get this gig there will be a few challenges as it's being shot, edited and delivered in PAL format, which I have never done. But it's pretty much the same as NTSC with a different frame rate. I find out in a week or so if I got it or not.

In other news of the geeky type.. Ben Affleck was announced to be playing Batman in the Superman Vs. Batman movie (Man of Steel sequel). I was surprised by this choice but I am a fan of Mr. Affleck and know with the right script, he can be pretty amazing. But oh my god the backlash that happened, twitter and facebook blew up. Some folks simply swore off the next movie (as I'm not going to see it... period!!), most bitched and complain how this was the worse choice the WB could have made. Fans are fickle (I'm including myself) but I've always been in the mindset of let's wait and see before I say yay or nay. We know absolutely nothing about the story, about how this Batman will be portrayed. I think Zack Snyder did an amazing job on re-creating Superman in Man of Steel, so I can't wait to see how he re-creates Batman for the next movie. Do I wish they cast Joesph Gordan Levy to play the next Batman (keeping with the previous incarnation of Batman), sure but fans would have complain that he was "Robin" in the last movie and not Batman.

Everyone has the right to their opinion, but after a while I got tired of hearing people bash the WB and Afflect. They have no proof that this was a bad decision. It the same when Anne Hathaway was cast as Catwoman or Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker. So much fan rage over these casting and look how those performances turned out. So again I'm at a let's wait and see mood.


I posted a tweet/Facebook post asking "Which is your favorite, Fantasy or Sci fi". I figured Sci fi would run away with it but to my surprise Fantasy actually held it's own. Out of the fifty or so people who answered, I'd say about 45% said Fantasy, while 50% said Sci Fi and 5% said Both.

I'm in that 5% I love both Fantasy and Science Fiction equally. I guess if push came to shove and I had to choice just one it would be Fantasy. I mean two of my four favorite things of all time are Fantasy; Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. And it's debatable weather Star Wars is Fantasy or Sci fi. I consider it both actually. Star Trek is the fourth one and is my only true Sci fi. What are your thoughts on Affleck as Batman or Sci Fi vs Fantasy.. leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment