Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Podcasts & Spaceships

Worked on editing my next MASH 4077 Podcast, it's not due to be release until September 1st but I wanted to get a head start. This one took a bit more editing but in the end I'm very happy with the final results.

While taking breaks from editing, my eyes can only take so much looking at the computer screen I started to wash baseboards in my house. I might not be able to paint because it's so hot outside but that doesn't prevent me from cleaning up the inside.

Today is Wednesday so that means TV night with my buddy Robert. We are continuing our first time viewing of Babylon 5. Been really enjoying this series so far. We're getting towards the end of season one.

Tonight was started with Season 1, Episode 16 "Eyes" Sinclair's decisions of the last year catch up with him, when an internal affairs investigator arrives to test the crew's loyalty to Earth Force with the help of a telepath. And Lennier shows great interest in Garibaldi's attempt at assembling a 1990's motorcycle.

Another enjoyable episode. The "bad" guy was so annoying, you just wanted to punch him through the TV screen. That's what I love about these characters.. they are so well written they annoy the heck out of you.. almost to the point of being uncomfortable.

Next up was Season 1 Episode 17 "Legacies" A Minbari war cruiser comes to Babylon 5 to display the body of a recently dead Minbari leader, while Ivanova and Talia battle for the fate of a young girl with newly discovered telepathic powers.

I enjoyed this episode as well. Again you have the Minbari commander being a total ass and doing such a good job at it. You also have Delenn being shifty. I can't wait until we find out more about her background. I think we've gotten to know Ivanova pass the best of all the main characters. I'm glad she fought for the young telepath.

Our next episode was Season 1 Episode 18 "A Voice In The Wilderness pt1" Strange signals start coming from Epsilon 3, the planet below Babylon 5. A science ship is sent to investigate, but is fired upon by a defense system on the planet. Meanwhile Garibaldi worries about a lover he left back on Mars, when fighting breaks out there.

Really enjoyed this episode, lots of conflict in this one. It seems like everyone is trying to take over Babylon 5 this season. Seems there were lots of hints of things to come in this and the next episode.

And our final episode of the night, Season 1 Episode 19 "A Voice In The Wilderness pt2" The situation heats up when an Earth Force heavy cruiser arrives to "protect earth's interests", and the fusion reactors on Epsilon 3 start going out of control, and may blow up the planet and Babylon 5.

Love Londo in this episode. He was having a blast flying that ship. I knew that Delenn's friend was going to take the place of the dying alien long before it was revealed in the episode. I assume this planet will come back into play at some poin in the series.

Only got 3 more episode of Season 1.. can't wait to see where it all goes and what they have in store for us with Season 2

No comments:

Post a Comment