Saturday, August 24, 2013

Our 1st Webseries Rehearsal

Today was our very first rehearsal for the new webseries that Chris and I have been writing for over a year. The title and synopsis has not been released yet, but will be very soon. I have been looking forward to this day for quite some time. We are going to rehearse the first five episodes of the series. We are planning a 10 episode first season (but that may change as we have only written the first six episodes and that has taken us over a year), so will see how things go.

As I mentioned Chris and I are writing it, but we are also acting in it as well. The three main characters are Kenny (me), Jes and Olivia and then we have a group of secondary characters, Chris, Jen, Robert, Josh, Michael and Will. And then we have various other supporting characters, Aaron, Brett, Dallas, Anne, Nicki, Rupert and Luis.

For today's read through we had me, Chris (via Skype), Jes, Olivia, Robert, Josh, Will, Brett and Aaron joining us.

Folks started rolling in around noon but we didn't actually start until about 2pm. First up was just a table read. That's where we all sit around the table and read the scripts. See how things work and flow. Make minor adjustments if needed. Everyone laughed when they were suppose to and seemed to be having a great time. We went through all five scripts before starting over again. The second time you could tell folks were getting more comfortable with the material. A few more notes were made, they questioned if some of the jokes worked or not... it was a nice collaboration from the group.

We took a break after the second read through and decided to play at game of Cards Against Humanity. 

After the game we decided to do one more read through but this time we were going to actually move around and act it out. Now this is were the fun really began. I mean it's a blast hearing your words come to life but it's a totally different experience watching them come to life. Again with the third read through there were great ideas of additional lines added to the scripts, how folks should be delivering their lines and so on... it was a lot of fun.

Now I'm not an actor, never wanted to be and I have been worried that I wasn't going to be able to really do it. But after these rehearsals I think I did a fairly decent job. Of course I have a long ways to go and it will be different when there is a camera pointed at you but these run throughs kind of gave me the confidence that I can pull something like this off.

With rehearsals over some folks left but Robert, Cait, Aaron, Brett and Josh crashed at my place so we stayed up and watched Sky High. I love that movie and a few of the guys here hadn't seen it before. All in all it was a very successful first rehearsal. Can't wait for the next one.

I want to thank everyone for coming out and playing with us. It couldn't have gone any better. I know only a few of you are want to be actors and rest are doing this for fun like me... Thanks for being AWESOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment