Thursday, November 7, 2013

Birthdays, Hobbits and Wars.. Oh My!!

Lots of stuff happen today.. so I'm going to split this blog into two parts.. personal stuff and geeky stuff.

Here's some personal stuff. I want to wish my favorite sister-in-law Lora a very Happy Birthday. I know what your saying.. she's my only sister-in-law but that doesn't mean she can't be my favorite :)

Was out of paint so I had to go to Lowes and while there I got the paint but I also got spray paint and wood stain as I have decided to spruce up the front of my house by finishing the sanding and then staining of my front deck and I'm also going to paint the railing black.

When I got home I didn't continue painting since it was later in the day so instead I taped off the trimming on the other side of my house (the last side of the house to paint). I also cleaned out my small garage, still have more to do but got a good start on it. My main project was my front door. I replace the door knob and gave it a fresh coat of paint.

I finished my day by editing my MASH 4077 Podcast, I started late last night and spent only a few hours on it today so I still have a few more hours left of editing.. I should get it done in the next few days.

Now for some geeky stuff. They officially announced the release date for Star Wars Episode VII. Mark your calendars for December 18, 2015. That's a little over two years and one month away. I already have a countdown on my iPhone... I can't wait.

Peter Jackson released his 12th Production Diary. I have enjoy each and everyone of these but they haven't done many for the Desolation of Smaug. For the first movie he did 10 Production Diaries but so far he's only done 2 for this movie. He does promise more to come so will see. The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug comes out in just over a month. Check out the latest diary below.


And speaking of The Hobbit, I found out today that some of Wave 2 of The Hobbit action figures have been released. Wave 2 brings us three brand new 6″ figures with Radagast, Azog, and Legolas Greenleaf while the 3.75″ line gets a very cool Mirkwood box set with Legolas, Tauriel, Thranduil, Fili, and Kili. Of course I had to get them.. they'll be an early Christmas present to myself.

They are also supposedly 2 packs coming out as well, Beorn and Gandalf & Azog and Thorin Oakenshield. Also some additional 3.75 scale box sets including Thorin Oakenshield Adventure Pack: Nori, Ori, Dori, Gloin and Thorin. Bilbo Baggins Burglar Pack: Bifur, Bombur, Bofur, Oin and Exclusive Invisible Bilbo. But I haven't seen any of these anywhere... yet. I stopped collecting like I use to but I couldn't resist these awesome action figures.
  • Thorin Oakenshield Adventure Pack: Nori, Ori, Dori, Gloin and Thorin
  • Bilbo Baggins Burglar Pack: Bifur, Bombur, Bofur, Oin and Exclusive 3.75" Invisible Bilbo
  • - See more at: http://www.collector-actionfigures.com/dash/blog/new-lineup-from-the-hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-revealed/#sthash.6FZR30cn.dpuf
  • Thorin Oakenshield Adventure Pack: Nori, Ori, Dori, Gloin and Thorin
  • Bilbo Baggins Burglar Pack: Bifur, Bombur, Bofur, Oin and Exclusive 3.75" Invisible Bilbo
  • - See more at: http://www.collector-actionfigures.com/dash/blog/new-lineup-from-the-hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-revealed/#sthash.6FZR30cn.dpuf
  • Thorin Oakenshield Adventure Pack: Nori, Ori, Dori, Gloin and Thorin
  • Bilbo Baggins Burglar Pack: Bifur, Bombur, Bofur, Oin and Exclusive 3.75" Invisible Bilbo
  • - See more at: http://www.collector-actionfigures.com/dash/blog/new-lineup-from-the-hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-revealed/#sthash.6FZR30cn.dpuf

    No comments:

    Post a Comment