Friday, November 29, 2013

Final Movie Marathon Weekend Day 1

Since this is a four day weekend, I thought this would be a perfect time to have my final movie marathon in this house. We have talked about watching the Harry Potter movies but since there are eight of them it felt like a huge undertaking. But I wanted to go out with a bang as movie marathons have been a huge part of my social life here in this house for the past several years.

Joining me for the first day was Robert, Cait, Tamar, Brett and Aaron. Of course Robert, Tamar & Brett were here yesterday for Thanksgiving so they just stayed over night. And we were joined by Cait and Aaron in the afternoon.

We started the day with some breakfast and played a few board games. We were starting the Harry Potter marathon at noon. Aaron had brought some things to make sandwiches so we had sandwiches for lunch and got started with the first movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

I love this movie, it's what got me into this whole Harry Potter world. After seeing this movie I went out and purchased (at the time) the four books and just devoured them. Then I got the audio books and would listen to them non-stop during my long commute. I was hooked and Harry Potter become one of my all time favorite worlds.

We took a 15 minute break to snack before starting movie two, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

This was a great follow up to the first movie. Both were directed by the same person, Christopher Columbus and you can see that both of these movies had the same sytle and look. I went into this movie knowing the story having read and listen to it many times. So it was different seeing this film but none of the magic was lose on me. Soon as the first frame hit the screen I was whist away into the wonderful world of Potter..

I had not planned any lunches or dinners so when it came time to feed everyone I went to my pantry and looked for something to eat. I had plenty of pasta but not enough spaghetti sauce so I drove to the local supermarket and paid way to much money for thee small bottles of sauce. When I got home I started to make dinner and we got going with movie 3, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

This is my favorite movie of the eight, it also might be my favorite book as well.The Potter world changed with this movie. Alfonso Curon really altered the look of the world and in my opinion made it look more like I had imagined in my head when I read the books. It was much more darker, Hogwarts was less fairytale and more realistic and I loved it. Every movie after this one kept that same look that he had started.

That was it for the movie watching, it took us about 10 hours to watch the three movies with the small breaks in between. We still have five more movies to go. Brett had to head home as he had things to do this weekend, Robert and Cait were tired and went to bed. That left Tamar, Aaron and I, Tamar and I did a shot, this was Tamar's first time doing a shot.. we then played some board games before calling it an night around midnight.

It was a fun evening of friends, food and magic. And what is great is we get to do it all over again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment