Saturday, November 30, 2013

Final Movie Marathon Weekend Day 2

Day two started with biscuits and gravy for breakfast (kind of a tradition for movie marathons). I wanted to get this movie marathon started a bit earlier as we had three movies to watch today and I didn't want to be watching movies all day long like we did yesterday. I wanted to make sure we got to play some games as well in the evening. So we started watching the first movie at 11am.

Joining me for Saturday viewing was Luis, Rupert, Dallas, Doug, Jes, Robert, Cait, Aaron, Tamar & Jen. And then later in the evening we were joined by Becca and Barbara.

We started day two with movie four, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This was the first movie that I felt they could have split into two movies. This was the first book that was double the size of the previous three books. They had to cut so much of the story out, if it didn't involve Harry then it had to go. I still very much enjoyed this movie even with all the cuts, but it could have been an amazing two movies.

For lunch we kind of snacked on left overs, we had turkey and sides from Thanksgiving and Aaron's sandwich supplies. We took a quick 15 minute break before starting the fifth movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

This movie had the introduction of one of my favorite characters from the books Luna Lovegood played by the "spot on" Evanna Lynch. I'm bummed that they changed the ending of the book, I loved the department of mysteries and them going through various doors and rooms. I mean I understand why they made the changes but still I would have loved to see some of those things on the big screen. At least they kept the final battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort, which was amazing.

For dinner, Robert, Cait and I drove to pick up some pizza in town. When we got back we started our final movie of the night, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

I really enjoyed this movie, I thought they did the whole cave scene perfectly, it was just like the book. And of course we have the "big" death in this movie/book and that they also did very well.

Once again it took about 10 hours to watch the three movies. Afterwards a few of us did some shots. We then started a game of Cards Against Humanity. Most of us played. Robert and Cait were the only ones who didn't play and soon after went to bed. The rest of us played for hours. By midnight things started to wind down. Tamar, Becca, Jen and Luis left for the evening while the others were crashing at my place for the night. Once everyone was settled I went to bed around 1am.

Another awesome day of friends, good times and Harry Potter. One more day to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment