Wednesday, November 27, 2013

More House Stuff

Today I headed into the valley as I had to sign some escrow papers. I signed most of them here at my house but there were a few that I had questions on and one I had to sign in front of a Notary. The overall process was pretty painless, I was in and out in less then 20 minutes. I think I have signed all major papers for selling the house.

While I was driving down to the escrow place I got a call from Mary (my realtor). She heard back from the buyers and had their list of requests of what to they wanted me to fix. They had 13 items on their list, they wanted me to fix all 13 items or give them $2200 to do the fixes themselves. Both Mary and I said there is no way I'm paying any more money, that's just ridiculous. So Mary and I went through each one of their request and discussed if I should do it or not. Most were minor things that I knew I could fix myself for very little money. In the end I agreed to do 8 of the 13 fixes and offer them 0 dollars.

So now we wait and see if they accept my counter offer. They can either accept it and we move forward, they can counter my counter and we negotiate more or they can pull out and retract their offer. I don't think they will go that far. I hope they just accept my counter and we move forward. Now we just play the waiting game... I'll keep you posted

I did start on their list and manage to get three of the 8 requests done. Only 5 more to go.

My bestie Robert arrived tonight, he's joining me for my four day Thanksgiving/Final Movie Marathon Weekend...woohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment