Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving / Friendsgiving

It's Thanksgiving, I'm having a few friends over later today, but first I made breakfast for Robert and I (some yummy biscuits and gravy). We prepped the Turkey and got it in the oven and then went and watched Man of Steel on blu-ray. Robert got me the movie for Christmas and I haven't had time to sit down and watch it. I saw it a few times in the theater but I haven't seen it since. I loved it and watching it again reinforced how much I love that movie.

Tamar arrived first and brought some games, so we played a few of the games while we waited for others to arrive. We also got started on putting together some puzzles that my buddy Chris sent to us. He is currently in Kuwait serving in the military and was unable to join us so he sent us these amazing puzzles so he would be with us in spirit.

Around 2:30pm I started preparing all the side dishes that would be accompanying the Turkey. Mash potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and sweet roles. By 3pm all of our guests who were joining us for dinner had arrived. Doug, Jes and Dallas joined Robert, Tamar and myself.

We enjoyed a nice dinner and some tasty home made desserts from Doug and Tamar. Afterwards we hung out and enjoyed ones company. We watched some TV, played some games and talked. Our friend Brett joins us later in the evening.

As the evening came to an end Jes, Dallas and Doug headed home as Robert, Brett and Tamar crashed at my place as they were also joining me for the 3 day movie marathon weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment