Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Batman, Gambit, Finales and Trailers

Lots of geeky and TV news today.. first up. Zack Snyder released the first picture of Ben Affleck at Batman (also a glimpse of the Batmobile). I don't really have an opinion about the suit. I mean it looks like Batman I'm more interested in how he portrays him and Bruce Wayne.

There was also news that Channing Tatum will be Gambit in the next X-Men movie, X-Men Apocalypse (Sequel to X-Men Days of Future Past). I think he's a good choice, I look forward to seeing his costume and how they portray him in the movie.

I got to watch several finales (with Erik via Skype), first up was Jim Henson's Creature Shop and I'm happy with the outcome. I really wanted Melissa to win but would be happy if Robert won as long as Ben didn't and Robert did won. I hope we see a second season for this series. It's super fun and creative.

Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. season one finale was amazing. The action was great but what I really liked about this episode was the writing. The character banter was so Joss Whedon, the Fitz and Simmon stuff brought me to tears. I loved when Garrett, who you thought was dead, gets up and gives himself cyber enhancements and starts to give his great speech about being back when suddenly he is blown into a million wispy fibers by Coulson... that was very much a Joss moment. Samuel L. Jackson's Fury character not only had a cameo but some pivotal key moments in this episode. And last but defiantly not least.. May kicking Wards ass and nailing his foot literally to the floor.. AWESOME!!

So glad ABC picked them up for a second season.. I can't wait!!

Several trailers for upcoming TV series were released.. here are a few that I'm interested in.

First is Constantine on NBC. This is based off the comic book Hellblazer, they did do a movie of the same name that starred Keanu Reeves a few years back and it was okay. This looks amazing, looks like a movie trailer.. I hope they can keep the quality up for the series.


Next is a comedy from NBC called A to Z. The only reason I want to watch is because of the main female lead, Cristin Milioti, who I just feel in love with as the Mom in the last season of How I Met Your Mother. This series looks cute.


The next show is a Fox show called Wayward Pines. Besides it having a lot of "big" stars in it..  It has a Twin Peaks kind of feel to it. I think I'll give it a chance


And the final one is also from Fox called Hieroglyph, The world of ancient Egypt -- a time of magic, Pharaohs, gods and thieves. When I heard about this series I thought it sounded kind of cool. But from the trailer it looks more drama and soap opery then fantastical. But I think I'll still give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment