Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mom, Blogging, Mutants & Carnival

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mom's out there but I want to wish my Mom in particular a very Happy Mother's Day.... love you. Also I want to give a special shout out to my sister-in-law Lora, who's an amazing mom to my niece and nephew.

I get asked why I blog everyday... well I blog partly to keep friends and family up to date on my daily life as I don't get to talk to them everyday. Another reason I blog is that it's a great way for me to get things out of my head and off my chest... a kind of diary. It's fun to go back and read posts from a years pasts and bring back great memories. And a small part of me likes the notoriety, I know I'll never be famous but it's fun to think that there are "fans" out there that enjoy my work (podcasts, blogging, webseries, etc..).

It always confused me as to why some blog posts will get a few hundred hits while others get 20. Most of the time the content is similar and there really isn't anything different about the posts. It could be the timing of the post. I have noticed that if I post a blog during the week during work hours I tend to get more views (people at their computers), as compared to weekends when I post something I get less views (people not at their computers). But I also think it has something to do with the title of the blog post. Recently I posted a blog with the title "Penis Size and Bitches" Which was about a movie I watched and TV series I just finished. Well this particular blog post got 80 views within 6 hours, that's extremely rare for me. My average blog post normally get 40 to 60 views total. So obviously the title brought in the views this time but it seems so random at times. I'm just happy that folks enjoy my blog be it 20 or 200.

Played some more SWTOR with my buddies Chris and Brett. Again I gave myself a 3 hour limit to play and sure enough I could have gone on for many more hours but didn't... so yay me.

I pre-purchased tickets for the new upcoming X-Men movie Days of Future Past. I've been super excited for this movie as I have loved all the X-Men movies. I created an event on Facebook to see if I can get a group together for it. I'll be seeing it on Saturday May 24th at 4:40pm at the Arclight Sherman Oaks. I'm seeing it in the Dolby Atmos (which is the best theater audio system by far). If you want to join me, let me know.

Went jogging/walking with my buddies Adam and Andrew. I saw a tweet from Adam debating on jogging for a third day in a row and I replied that if he'd go I'd go with him and then our buddy Andrew asked to join in. It was fun, we walked, then jogged and walked again around the NoHo park a few times before heading to Starbucks for a drink. Hope we can do it again soon. 

During the evening a group of friends had planned to go to the local carnival which was at the NoHo park (across the street from my house). When the time came everyone bailed but my buddy Robert, his girlfriend Cait and myself. So the three of us went and enjoyed the carnival. First thing we did was the big slide (Cait won). Then Cait and I did the scrabbler and that ride lasted at least 10 minutes. I was ready to get off that thing halfway through the ride, but it was fun. We then went and get a few snacks before Cait and Robert did this kind of drop ride.. we then headed over to games booth to win Cait a stuff animal. We choose the water guns/balloons game. What is funny is Cait actually won and got herself a stuff animal, she don't need no man to win her anything. :) 

Robert and I then went on the one ride that I wanted to do the most. It's hard to explain but it's like a roller coaster car on a track that goes in a loop. So you rock back and forth a few times before going completely in a circle (3 times) and then you do it backwards (3 times). It was a crazy but super fun ride.. I definitely felt wobbly kneed when I got off that one. 

We called it a night (we were there for little over an hour). It was alot of fun, just wish more friends would have shown up. Oh well.. the three of us had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment