Friday, May 9, 2014

Penis Size and Bitches

Wasn't feeling well today so I decided to just watch some TV.  First up I came across this documentary called Unhung Hero. In this documentary, actor-comedian Patrick Moote proposes to his girlfriend at a UCLA basketball game but she refuses to marry him because of his penis size. A video clip of the failed proposal ends up on YouTube and begins an internet phenomenon. Moote then travels the world to find out if size really does matter and how he can enlarge his manhood.

It was a very interesting look at how different societies view penis size and it's importance. When he finds out that he is indeed just below average on the small side he turned to ways to fix the problem. Pumps, pills and some other very extreme ideas ie. plastic surgery and injecting an "oil" into your penis. It's interesting to watch this guy's mental breakdown until he loses it at the end. But, in the end he realizes that it's his own issues with his small penis that he has to deal with and not the women around him. I'd give Unhung Hero a nice firm B.

While surfing Netflix I came across "Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23" I remember when this aired a few years ago and I wanted to watch it as I'm a huge James Van Der Beek fan. Well I thought I would give it a watch so I put on the pilot episode. The series follows June Colburn as she moves from Indiana to New York City to pursue her dream job, until she finds out that it no longer exists and she ends up moving in with a con-artist party-girl named Chloe (the Bitch). The two don't get along at first; however, when Chloe's attempts at scamming June backfire, they end up forming an unlikely friendship. James Van Der Beek plays a fictionalized version of himself, the former TV star of Dawson's Creek, who is a good friend of Chloe's and desperate to revamp his sagging acting career.

I really enjoyed the first episode.. James was as dreamy as ever :) So I watched the second episode, then the third, fourth and so on until I had watched all of Season 1 (11 Episodes) and Season 2 (15 Episodes). Yeah I watched all 26 episodes of this series in about 12 hours. Guess you can say I liked it. I'm bummed that it only lasted two seasons, but they were a fun two seasons. I laughed alot which is what I needed to make me feel better and by the end of the night I was feeling good.

Side note.. after watching Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23, and hearing so many references to Dawson's Creek I had to check Netflix to see if it was on there and it is!! I loved Dawson's Creek back in the day when it first aired and now that I know it's on Netflix I think it's time to start up a re-watch... can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment