Saturday, June 28, 2014

Paramount, Screening and Transformers 4

Started my day with breakfast with my buddy Dallas. I picked him up around 8:30 and we headed to Denny's. Afterwards we went into Hollywood and to the Paramount Studio lot for a PGA (Producer's Guild of America) screening of Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Paramount has one of the best screening rooms in town so when I read that the screening was going to be there I was super excited. We got to Paramount around 10am and drove up to the main gate. We gave them our ID's and they checked us off the list and explained where to park.

After parking we made our way to the theater. I love walking onto studio lots, it's awesome to think about all the film and TV history associated with the lot. So many amazing movies and TV shows have been filmed here at Paramount. As we were approaching the theater there were men building a Bumble Bee Transformer outside.

We got in line, fairly close to the front. We stood there for about 45 minutes and the line grew. We were finally let in and found out that the screening was in 3D and Paramount has those super high techy 3D glasses with little batteries in them. The last movie I saw in this theater was Tin Tin and it also was in 3D so I knew we were in for a treat.

We found some prime seats and chatted for about 20 minutes or so before they started the movie.

I have seen Transformers 1 & 2 but never got around to seeing 3. I wasn't sure if that would have any effect of me understanding 4. But I figured it was Transformers and that series is not known for it's amazing storytelling. I also knew that it was a new cast taking the reigns. And I'm happy to say you really don't have to see 2 or 3 to watch 4. They kept referring to a "great battle" in Chicago, which I assumed was from movie 3 but that's about it.

Here's my thoughts on the new Transformers... it's a Transformers movie and if you have seen 1, 2 or 3 then you know what to expect. It's all about the eye candy and this movie has plenty. I would say that there is more "story" then crazy action scenes, especially at the beginning. But towards the end it's nothing but action and fight scenes.

As with the second movie and I heard the third movie. This movie could have used some editing down. It runs about 2 hours and 50 minutes and at times it feels like it.

I enjoyed the ride, I liked Mark Walberg and Stanley Tucci's characters. The story was good and the action scenes were great. I remember watching the first movie and being so confused on who was fighting who but with this movie there aren't many Transformers left and the ones who are left look fairly different so the fight scenes were easier to follow.

If you enjoyed the other Transformers movies then you'll enjoy this one. I give Transformers: Age of Extinction a solid B.

When we got out of the movie the full size Bumble Bee was up and folks were taking pictures with him so Dallas and I joined in and grabbed a few shots of us with the giant Transformer. After the movie we headed over to Astro Burgers for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment