Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July

Today Chris, Lydia and I are headed to my Mom's place down in Newport Beach (Balboa Island). We arrived around 10:30am and the parade on the island was just finishing up and the road to my mom's was closed. I manged to go around the closure but then ran into another blocked street. The guy asked me where I was going and I said to my mom's house, he asked me the address and I couldn't tell him. I don't remember the exact address of my mom's because I just know where she lives. I saw the house next to the guy and it was 400 and I knew my mom lived about ten houses down so I told the guy 412 or something like that and he let me through.

So we got to my mom's where my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew were already there. Joining us an hour later was my aunt Joyce and Uncle Marty.

We all hung out on the water, ate yummy BBQ and watched the boat parade. Chris actually took out the kayak and both my niece and nephew joined him. First of all we were all shocked when Kenobi actually got into the boat with Chris. Kenobi is a very timid child and doesn't take to strangers easily but for some reason he had no problem with Chris (who he was meeting for the first time). Molly on the other hand is much braver and I expected her to get in the kayak but I didn't think she would get in with Chris as she too takes time to warm up to people. But like Kenobi she took to Chris without question. Just goes to show you that both kids are growing up, they know Chris is a friend of their Uncle Kenny so he's isn't a bad guy.

The fireworks were not going to happen until 9pm but Chris had to go to LOJ at 8 and my brother and his family had to leave around 3 for their own night party with friends so we only stuck around until 4pm

It was a fun day hanging with family and friends. Happy 4th of July to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment