Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SDCC, Cosplaying & Comikaze Con

San Diego Comic Con is just a week away. I've been up a down about this con. I enjoy going just to hang out with friends (some I only see at cons), but the past few years my big thing has been cosplaying. I love doing it and it's just so much fun. But since I've been jobless for over a year I haven't had the funds to really put together any new cosplay costumes. I had planned to do a LOTR/Hobbit Dwarf as well as my favorite Hobbit, Samwise Gamgee. But that's not going to happen.. at least not this year.

Now I still have my "Frodo" Hobbit cosplay but the feet have been well used and I don't know if they will hold up for another SDCC. I've tried to get new feet made the past few years but because of circumstances this hasn't happened. So this year it's not looking like I'm going to be able to cosplay which is really bumming me out.

In other con news I was approved for a professional badge for Comikaze Con in Los Angeles this November. I went to Comikaze a few years back and had a blast and found out last year that they were doing "pro" badges and applied.

Thank goodness for professional badges as I wouldn't be going to any con if they didn't offer these badges for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment