Saturday, August 9, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - My Review


This evening my buddy Rupert and I went to a screening of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the Paramount lot. It wasn't in their largest theater but one of their smaller less impressive theater.

I'm sure everyone knows who the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are... but just in case. The characters originated in The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic book before their expansion into a cartoon series, films, video games, toys, and other general merchandise. During the peak of the franchise’s popularity in the late 1980s through the early 1990s, it gained considerable worldwide success and fame. This is a reboot of the franchise.

Before I give you my review let me say that I never read the comic book, I may have seen bits and pieces of the cartoon and I've never watched the 3 movies. So I'm coming into this not really knowing anything about it. With that said I really enjoyed this movie. The effects are amazing, the story was good, simple and made sense. I loved that each of the turtles looks different and had very different personalities. There was a ton of humor and action, a nice balance of each.

I know haters are going to hate, they'll complain about the look of the turtles, Megan Fox, Michael Bay, blah blah blah... that's just what they do but I enjoyed the movie. It did was it set out to do.. entertain me. I will consider buying this when it comes out on blu-ray. I give Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles a solid B.

No comments:

Post a Comment