Monday, September 8, 2014

Best Birthday Card, Happy B-day Star Trek & Jibo

I got another surprise in the mail today from my buddy Matt. I got my first birthday card, but it's not your typical birthday card, it's a very geeky personalized birthday card, I've never seen anything quite like it.

It's set up like a movie poster. It has my head on the body of a Jedi, it's titled "Return of the Geekyfanboy", there's a review on the card as well as production notes on the bottom which say "A Darkside Produtions film, Starring Kenny Mittleider and his Geek Mob. Filmed on location in Vasquez Rocks... and a Riverside in Cambridge, Coming Soon!!" It's pretty amazing. And I have to say it's the one of the best birthday cards I've ever received. Thanks Matt for this awesome gift.

It's day 29 of my "pix a day" until my 44th birthday. So here is a picture of me at age 29. I remember taking this picture, I was at the beach with friends.

Today is the 48th anniversary of one of my favorite sci fi tv series premiere, Star Trek. Now I enjoyed the original Star Trek back when I was a kid and watched them on repeats but I didn't become a die hard fan until The Next Generation came out in the late 80's. But if we never had the original then we wouldn't have had TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT. And I have loved all of those series... So Happy Birthday Star Trek

So my 60' TV went out again, if you remember my TV lamp blew out about a month or so ago. I manged to buy a replacement lamp and easily replaced the lamp and all was well.... until today. All of a sudden and without warning my TV went out and the lamp light started to flash but it wasn't orange like it was previously, this time it was green. I waited a few minutes and then turned on the TV again and it started up with no issues. A few days later it did it again and I tried to start it up again and it would run about 30 seconds before going off. So this time around it looks like the lamp is okay but something else is wrong with that TV... ugh!!!

I came across this video for this thing called Jibo. At first I thought it was a joke video but come to find out it's a indiegogo project. They are requesting $100,000 and it's currently over $2 Million. If I had the money I would purchase one of these in a heart beat but it might be better to wait and see what the "real" ones look like when they are completed. If they are as call as they are in the video then it's going to be a must buy for me. So I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open on this one. Check out the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment