Monday, September 29, 2014

Tattoo Update, Simpson/Family Guy, Lucy & JCM Live

So it's been two weeks since I got my 4th tattoo. It has healed for the most part, the scabs are all gone as well as most of the itching. It's still a bit tender but I plan to book my next session soon so I can get it finished up and start planning for my fifth tattoo (It won't happen until next year). I took a picture of it this morning... still looks pretty good, healed quite nicely. I'm not looking forward to going back and having it finished as this one hurt the most. But I know it will be worth it all in the end.

My buddy Aaron crashed at my place last night after our Pathfinder session. So I made some biscuits and gravy for breakfast as we watched the new Family Guy episode and it's actually a crossover episode with The Simpsons. This is an hour long episode and the first (and possibly last) time The Simpson and Family Guy will crossover.

I think this was some of the funniest Family Guy and Simpsons that I have seen in a long time. Lots and lots of inside jokes, I liked how they teamed up everyone, Peter with Homer, Lois with Marge, Meg with Lisa and Stewie with Bart. The court scene when they put both versions of their characters together in the court room was priceless. I laughed through out the entire episode and of course the last ten minutes is one of the most EPIC battles of all time, Peter Vs. Homer fight scene (ala Chicken fight from Family Guy). They reference many times during the episode that this won't happen again but I really do hope they do another one of these. I know it did really well in the ratings and I'd love to see these two family go at it again in the future.. guess will just have to wait and see.

Aaron and I then went to the local "cheap" movie theater to see Lucy. Lucy is about a woman who is accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless, superhuman warrior evolved beyond human logic.

I wanted to see this movie when it first came out but for whatever reason never got around to it. From the trailers it looked to be very sci fi-ish. I'm a big fan of the main actress Scarlett Johansson and really enjoy Morgan Freedman's work. This is a really fast paced movie but it's not your typical action movie. There are alot of scientific and philosophical questions and theories. The editing of this movie was also very interesting with "old" footage cut between scenes or the 10%, 25% , 90% and so on cards that would show up from time to time to show her brain progress.

I don't think I understand everything that was going on but that didn't take away of the enjoyment I had of watching and going along for the ride. It brought up some interesting ideas about the human brain and human nature. I have no idea is any of the films theories are based on any real hypothesis but it was some interesting stuff.

I didn't like it as much as I though I would but it was still very entertaining. I don't think I'll be buying it on blu-ray but I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I give Lucy a solid B-

During the evening, Jes, Jen, Dallas and I went into Hollywood to The Mint to watch our friend Jason Charles Miller preform. He's an amazing singer and for the past few years he has moved into Country music. It was fairly short session, running about 40 minutes. He played some tunes that I had heard before and a few new ones that I really liked. If you get a second go like his page on Facebook HERE. And if you get a chance watch him live.. he's pretty awesome.

Oh and one more thing, if you know me well you know I've been looking for work for a while now, well today I booked a gig for six weeks. Post production supervisor for a pilot for CNN. It starts mid October and runs until Thanksgiving... woohoo!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the gig!! I haven't seen Lucy yet but want to . Do you really want to see it again? Let me know.

    ReplyDelete