Saturday, October 4, 2014

Clara Vs The Doctor

This morning I watched seven episodes of MASH for my Sunday recording of MASH 4077 Podcast. We're finishing up the fourth of this eleven seasons series. Luckily the podcast is still going strong as we still have seven more seasons to review.

I also watched the latest Doctor Who episode with my buddy Doug. Tonight was season eight, episode seven titled "Kill the Moon". In the near future, the Doctor and Clara find themselves on a space shuttle making a suicide mission to the Moon. Crash-landing on the lunar surface they find the most terrible things.

I have a love hate relationship with this episode. I enjoyed the story and Clara who's been amazing in the past seven episodes (this entire season). I especially like her "speech" at the end of the episode towards the Doctor, she had the best line this season so far "I'll slap you so hard you'll regenerate". But when it comes to the Doctor, it's a hit and miss for me this season and today's episode was a miss.. not only a miss but a huge miss, I hated the Doctor.

I enjoy Capaldi's portrayal of The Doctor. I guess my issue is more with the writing and how drastically his character has changed with this new incarnation. His crass treatment of a loyal companion is my biggest complaint. He no longer treats Clara like a friend and it sickens me. But after her blow up at the Doctor in this episode, it will be interesting to see if he treats her the same or changes his approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment