Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Voting, Elections, DVD's & Scorpion

I got up this morning and did my 30 minute jog/walk before getting ready for work but before heading in I went to my local church to vote. There was only a few people ahead of me so I got in and out in no time. Last time I went to vote I wasn't registered with my new apartment so I had to do an absentee ballet.. but not this time.

I headed into work and got word that another state's marriage ban was determined unconstitutional. So congratulations to all my gay and lesbian brothers and sister in the state of Kansas who can now join hand n hand and take the plunge.

Towards the evening I started hearing election numbers coming in and it wasn't looking good, at least not for us Democrats. When all the dust settles the Republicans will have a majority vote in the House of Representatives as well as the Senate. This makes me sad because marriage equality has come such a long ways in the past two years and I don't know if this new Republican run government will hurt us, but I do know for sure that it won't help us.  There are already hateful Republicans representatives making derogatory statements about gay rights and marriage. I guess time will only tell.

It was a rough day not only at work but with the election so I wanted to treat myself... so I headed over to Walmart to pick up Maleficent and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition as both of these came out on blu-ray today. And yes I went to Walmart which I would never have done if the prices weren't the lowest. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot I was regretting this plan, it was a rough day and now this experience was going to be rough but I really wanted these DVD's and I'm on a strict budget so I have to go where the deals are, even if it means Walmart.

On my way home I resisted all kinds of fast food for dinner instead I made some dinner at home.. so yay me.

Before heading to bed I was able to watch an episode of Scorpion. Tonight was S1 Ep  7 "Father's Day" When Ralph's absentee father Drew calls the Scorpion office to talk to Paige, it triggers the familial memories of everyone. The team tries to protect Ralph by running a background check on Drew, who is a struggling minor league baseball player. Meanwhile, the team is tasked with finding out how three convicts, including a high IQ hacktivist, escaped from a high-tech prison and as to what their plan really is.

Another fun episode, I liked getting a bit deeper into the Walter and Cabe backstory, they also addressed Happy's daddy issues and we even get to meet him at the end of the story. I hope we see this relationship grow. I liked how Paige dealt with Ralph's father. I don't think will be seeing him around in future episodes. I liked how the gang were all concerned for Ralph and his well being and it did annoy me a bit when Paige was so resistant to their help. Overall another great episode and I can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment