Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Universal Studios Hollywood Annual Pass Price Hike

Today as expected Universal Studios Hollywood has raised their annual pass price. A 2015 annual pass with no blackout dates had cost $139 online, or $159 when purchased at the park. A value pass with blackout dates ran $119. The new annual pass program with blackout dates, announced Monday, will cost California residents $139 for 182 days of access to the theme park, or $199 for 244 days. And there is a pass that can be used 312 days costs $299 and is available to all parkgoers.

Honestly I would pay anything for an annual pass so the price bump didn't bother me. As I said with the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in April everyone expected the price raise. I think what bothers me more is that there is no annual pass with no blackout dates. The "Gold" pass, which is highest you could get has 312 days which is great but alot of the weekends are blacked out, especially during the summer and Christmas Holidays. But I'm cool with that because the fact is I live about a 5 minute drive 20 minute walk to Universal and I plan to go during the week after work to grab dinner at the Three Broom Sticks or walk around Hogmeades sipping on some Butterbeer.

Oh the other change they made from their previous annual pass plans is the previous passes use to be good only for the year.. so regardless of when you purchased your ticket you only had to the end of the year to use it. These new passes are good for 12 months, so if you buy your pass in April (which I plan to) it will be good until the following April.

If you can't tell I"m super excited for this. Of course opening Day and weekend are blacked out for annual pass holder and honestly I'm happy to wait until the Monday after opening to attended The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hollywood... who's gonna join me???

No comments:

Post a Comment