Friday, December 11, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - This Weeks Recap

This week I did Saturday (CON), Tuesday (DEX), Wednesday (CON), Wednesday (PILATES), & Thursday (STG).

Saturday started with a big bad boss fight and by the end my legs were like jelly. What was sad is this wasn't even the big big bad and only one of his minions. These boss fights are all about endurance and pacing. I mean the purpose of these smaller fights is to prep us for the big big bad at the end of the month.

I had to cancel Sunday's workout as I partied a bit to hard Saturday night. It was the first time in my 10 months of going to NerdStrong that I had to cancel a class.. I was not happy with myself. I really enjoy TEAM workouts and hated that I had to miss it.

Tuesdays DEX class was like most DEX class, full of a variety of workouts. I know I say this all the time but DEX days I feel like I get the best overall workout.. we work everything. And what made this DEX day even extra special was all the friends who attended. Today some of my favorite workout buddies showed up so it really didn't matter what the workout was as long as we were doing it together.

Wednesdays CON class was jammed packed with awesome people. And it was your typical coach Blair CON class.. lots of running and rowing and other things to push us to our limits. Coach Blair is a big believer in "Active" rest.. which means you are not running or rowing but you're doing other things instead of actually resting.

Wednesday evening I was lucky enough to do Pilates. I know I say this with every Pilates class but it's so relaxing at times as well as very challenging, especially with your core. But by the time I am done I feel great.. it's a great stress reliever.

Thursdays STG class was good, lots of barbell work which is usual for Thursday workouts and of course we always have a extremely exhausting "battle" at the end but today's we had something extra special.. Birthday Battleropes. It's member Cait's 28th Birthday and of course when it's your birthday at NerdStrong everyone does battleropes in your honor. Well it's not mandatory but I always like to honor my friends birthday and always participate in them.

Overall another great week.. bummed that I missed a day but there was no way I was going to the gym after a night of heavy drinking.. luckily for me that's not my norm. Lot's of people showing up to the 7am classes.. I'm sure as the holidays get closer less and less people will be attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment