Saturday, December 12, 2015

One Birthday & Two Holiday Parties

Today was all about parties.. after my morning workout I headed to Riverside for my niece Molly's 4th birthday party. I had thought the party started at 1pm which they usual do but they started it an hour early at noon so I was late getting there and the party was in full swing. As soon as I walked in the front door I heard "Uncle Kenny" and Molly came running up to me for a big hug. She does this every time I see her and I love it. I hope it never stops. There were lot's of little girls dressed as Ponies and boys dressed as cowboys.

Whenever my sister-in-law has parties for the kids I tend to help out where I can. I always take care of the cake duties as well as present duties.. this leaves Lora free to take pictures and enjoy the moment. Doing presents is always difficult as little kids wants to help or they want to open up every toy as they are being unwrapped. It takes great patience to do it and I'm happy to say I haven't bitch slapped a kid yet but I've come close :)

The party was great and Molly had an amazing time, which is the most important thing.

After that party I headed to NerdStrong for their Holiday party.. yep my gym had a Holiday party and it was alot of fun. It's always fun hanging out with gym members and really getting to see them "outside" the gym. I did lots of visiting and they had a photo booth station set up so of course I took lots of photos. Towards the end of the evening I presented Andrew and Marla with the scrapebook that I had been working on the past few weeks.


The idea came to me a while ago, I've always enjoyed scrapbooking and I thought about making a scrapbook of my past year at the gym. I asked fellow NerdStronger to write up on a 3x5 card their thoughts about the gym... how it's changed their life, health and anything else they wanted to say. 20 or so people gave me cards and then I went to work. I searched high and low for geeky workout stickers and pictures. I found some awesome pictures of superheroes doing workouts, funny sayings and various other fun things. I worked on it for hours on end and barely got it done for the party. I knew that I wanted to present it to them at the holiday party as I figured most of the people who contributed would be there and see them receive it. It got the reaction that I was hoping for.. tears. Those two along with all the other coaches have really changed my life and I wanted them to know how much they are cared for and I think I accomplished that.


After that party I headed to my buddy Will's annual Nog and Sweater holiday party. I only stayed a few hours as it was already midnight and I was so exhausted. It was nice drinking some nog and seeing friends (most of which I saw last week at Hayley's birthday party). I headed home around 1am and called it a night.

I don't know how I did it but I manged to attend three different parties in one day and have a great time at each.. now I just wan to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment