Sunday, December 6, 2015

Doctor Who, Finale Episodes of S9

Woke up around 6am still drunk so I cancelled my NerdStrong Gym class at 9am. That was the first time in over 10 months that I had to do that and I didn't like it. But I knew there was not way that I was going to be able to workout in a few hours time. Once the class was cancelled I went back to sleep and woke up around 9am. I didn't have much planned for today, it was going to be a day of cleaning the house, making more Christmas presents and working on some podcasts.. what I actually did all day was watch TV. I manged to catch up on a few shows that I had recorded but the big thing tonight was the season finale of Doctor Who.

Doctor Who S9 Ep11 "Heaven Sent" Trapped in a world unlike any other he has seen, the Doctor faces the greatest challenge of his many lives. One final test. And he must face it alone...

At first I wasn't sure if I really enjoyed this episode but when you think about what The Doctor did for 4 billion years it's pretty amazing.. he fried himself over and over and over again for billion of years just to escape the hell he was in. Coming off the death of Clara in the last episode I wasn't sure how this episode was going to play out. This episode was completely carried by Peter Capaldi, there wasn't a single other person in this episode (other then the monster thing and the kid at the end).. oh and (mind Clara) but this was pretty much all about The Doctor.

As I said I wasn't sure I liked the episode but by the end I was loving it.  I think it was a great build up for the finale Hell Bent.

Doctor Who S9 Ep12 "Hell Bent" If you took everything from him, betrayed him, trapped him, and broke both his hearts... how far might the Doctor go? Returning to Gallifrey, the Doctor faces the Time Lords in a struggle that will take him to the end of time itself. Who is the Hybrid? And what is the Doctor's confession?

This finale was crazy, we went back to Gallifrey which was awesome and the big shocker.. at least for me was the return of Clara. The timelords actually pull her out of time (between seconds) before her death. I love that idea and the Doctor thought he would save her but come to find out that her death is a fixed point and she will (eventually) die. It was good to see Ashildr again. And I like that she teams up with Clara at the end for a few more adventures before she heads back to Gallifrey and her death. And there was a crazy twist at the end, when you thought they were going to pull the "erase the companions mind" they flipped it around and the doctors mind gets erased instead.. but only he memories of Clara... it's just crazy.

I have to say this season of Who has been some of my favorites from the past few seasons. I'm warming up to Capaldi and I have loved Clara ever since she teamed up with him. I don't know where they are going for season ten or who the new companion will be but I'll be there ready for more adventures with the Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment