Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Owing Taxes & New Tivo Feature

So I got a call from my tax guys and the informed me that my taxes were ready. I told her I could stop by tomorrow to pick them up. She then said those dreaded words... "Do you want to know how much you will owe". This is the first time in all the years that I have been paying taxes that I will owe money and it's not just a few hundred, it's a few thousand... I couldn't believe it. I don't know what I did wrong this year but whatever it was I can't do it again for this 2016 taxes. Luckily I have a job and though it will take several weeks to pay the taxes as least I have the money to do it.

On a happier note Tivo introduced a new feature to their units today. You can now literally skip commercials instantly. Before you could fast forward through the commercials but you could never stop in time or you would stop to soon and have to watch a few seconds of commercials. Now you just hit one button and Tivo will jump from the end of one segment to the beginning of the next one instantly.. it's pretty fantastic... thanks Tivo.

No comments:

Post a Comment