Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hanging with my Padawan

After the Fanboy Funhouse shoot I went to have dinner with my Padawan Troy. I texted him when we got out and asked if he knew of any places that he wanted to try. He said he heard of this place called Philipps, he said he had sandwiches. I'm not one for trying new places but I figured hey what can it hurt. I sent me the address and it's in downtown, downtown LA. I get there around 5pm and luckily they have parking in back so I park and wait. Troy arrives around 5:30 and we head into this place and it's PACKED!!! We get in line and the only food they have are french dips (come to find out that it's the birthplace of french dips). So we order a sandwich and coffee cake and sit down. We ate our sandwiches which wasn't that great and enjoyed the coffee cake, both agreed that we wouldn't come back. We sat there for about 2 hours chatting about everything.. it's was awesome. We then went to my car and sat in my car until 10pm talking. The restaurant closed then and we moved our cars out onto the street and continued to enjoy ones company until 1:30am at which time, I'm sure we could have stayed there all night chatting, but I had to get up early the next day (or I guess later that day) to hangout with my friend Anne who is in from New York. So we said our goodbyes and made plans to hang again soon.

It was a great end to a fun day. Never thought I would sit in a car for seven hours talking. We talked about anything you could think of. I got to know my Padawan a little better as well as he go to know me a little better. That's one great thing I love about Troy and my relationship is our ability to just be in each other's company and not really have to force a conversation, it's just flows naturally. He also had fun drawing on my fogged up windows. --->

I chose wisely when I selected my Padawan!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment