Monday, October 11, 2010

National Coming Out Day

National Coming Out Day (NCOD) is an internationally observed civil awareness day for coming out and discussion about gay, lesbian, bisexual, asexual and transgender (LGBT) issues. It is observed by members of the LGBT communities and their supporters (often referred to as "allies") on October 11 every year, or October 12 in the United Kingdom.

With 11 teen suicides in the past few months due to gay bullying and sexuality confusion, with all the hate that is being spewed by this new Tea Party group and all this anti-gay marriage crap it's more important then ever to come together as a community and show our support for all those still in the closet to afraid to open that door.

I was one of those people, as it took many, many years for me to open that door. I knew I was gay from the age of 12 but didn't accept it until I was 27. I lived through some very lonely and confusing years before I realized that this is who I am and I'm not ashamed of it. You can read more about my coming out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment