Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dad Update 3

Just when I thought we were making progress... my Dad is still in the hospital, they were suppose to do the surgery (put in a catheter, and take a biopsy of one of the tumors) but it has been delayed because the tumors are so large that they are interfering with his throat and they are afraid of doing more damage so they have had various doctors come into his room all day to try and figure out a solution.

Well I just got off the phone with my him and it looks like the surgery is once again scheduled for 8am tomorrow. They aren't going to put a catheter in because it's suppose to go on the right side but the tumor are too large and there isn't enough room for the catheter. So they will try and do Chemo first and shirk the tumors and then try and get a catheter in at a later date.

So that is where we stand, tomorrow they will do the surgery/biopsy (hopefully), and we are also suppose to find out if the cancer has spread to his bone marrow. Please continue to keep sending happy thoughts and good vibe our way.. I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for your continued support... hugs


  1. You're in our thoughts my friend.

  2. We're sending positive vibes out to you and your Dad.