Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Saturday

The first day of my 3 day weekend started with me getting up at 7am in the morning to working on next MASH 4077 Podcast Episode 9. Which I did and around 10am was finished with.. woo hooo. Still have to create the show notes and upload the file but the editing it all done and it turned out really good, if I do say so myself :)

Around 11:30ish Harry and I headed out to visit my Dad. Traffic was horrible and it took us a little over 2 hours to get there. While we were there visiting my family, we wanted my brother to look at Harry's truck bumper as there is a dent in it and Harry wanted to see if Mike could get it out (my brother does body work). Unfortunately he can't and the bumper needs to be replaced.

We visited with my Dad, who isn't do so well. His face has swollen up on the left side and he's not eating. He says he feels fine but he's not. He spent maybe a half hour downstairs with us before going back up stairs to sleep.. which is pretty much all he does these days. We did eat lunch with him and we had to almost force him to have a few bites.

After my Dad went up to sleep I played with my Nephew for an hour or so.. he's a ball of energy and ran me ragged. I don't know how his parents keep up with him. But I loved every minute of it and wish I could see him more often.

Around 4pm he decided to head home and arrived around 5:30pm. I wasn't feeling so hot so I took it easy the rest of the night. We watched last weeks Doctor Who and really enjoyed it. Sucks that's it's a two parter and we don't get to see the second part until 2 weeks even though it aired in the UK tonight. So I could find it online but I think I'll wait until it airs next week. We also caught up on How I Met Your Mother, we had the last 5 episodes to watch. Really like that series, it's one of the most consistently funny shows on TV. Can't wait for Season Seven.

So all in all a good day, it's hard to see my Dad so sick and I know he'll get worse with the Chemo before he hopefully gets better... but I want to spend as much time with him as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment