Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quidditch Practice

Tonight after work was once again my Quidditch practice. I got there a little late (they had played one game already). We played another game but the night was really about drills, tossing the Quaffle (soccer ball) back and forth and getting hit by bluders (dodgeballs). As well as practicing to be keeper (goalie). It was alot of fun. We finished the night by playing one more game with all eight of us (4 on 4) and man was it a great game. We've come a long way and this is the first time that it actually felt like a real game. It was pretty awesome. Only down side is one of our players took a tumble and at the time got up and continued to play but when we were done she got in her car and realized something was wrong. Well they took her to the emergency room and found out she hit her head pretty hard when she fell and suffered a concussion. She's fine but man you don't realize little fall could be so damaging.

As for me, I have major shine splints and will have to start wrapping my ankles and stretching better before and after we play. All in all I'm sore and tired but I'm still loving it. It's great to be part of a team, getting a good workout and being part of something very magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment