Saturday, November 5, 2011

Grimm

So I finally took some time to watch the premiere and second episode of NBC's new series Grimm. If you don't know what Grimm is here's a short synopsis:

Set in present-day Portland, Oregon, the series puts a new twist on the stories of the Brothers Grimm in which a homicide detective learns that he is a descendant of a group of hunters known as "Grimms", who fight to keep humanity safe from the supernatural creatures of the world. Upon learning of his destiny, he has to protect every living soul from the sinister storybook characters that have infiltrated the real world.

Now this is one of two Fairytale / Fantasy TV series on this fall. The other being Once Upon a Time, which I totally love.  This series couldn't be further apart from Once. This is dark, gritty, intense and scary at times. I really enjoyed the first episode even though in an early preview they tell the entire story in five minutes and shows everything, but it was still fun watching this cop learn who he is and what he now has to do with the rest of his life. I really like the "good" werewolf, he adds some comedy to this very dark story. The second episode was just as fun, gory and intense.

Though I love Once Upon a Time, I have a hard time understanding how they are going to continue this story for seasons to come.. But with Grimm it's a cop show with an element of fairy tales which can go on forever, but with that said I hope it's not a monster of the week kind of series. I guess will have to wait and see. I look forward to seeing where this series goes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm leaning towards Grimm as well, because I am realy worried the Mayor of Storybrook will actually offer Emma a poisoned apple by episode 13...or the season finale. Can't have that.
    Actually it's because Grimmm has plenty of Buffy/Angel DNA, from Nick having bad dreams to Monroe as the new Doyle. Add some corrupt Grimm supervisors (maybe the police captain, but why does he prefer to protect big bad wolves?), and it will be very familiar in a good way.

    ReplyDelete