Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Day After

Well today is my last day before I start my new job and I had tons of things I wanted to do. Well now that I have a bad finger it prevents me from doing alot of those things and the stuff I can do it makes me move alot slower. The side of my hand has swollen up and I plan to go out and get some proper wrap for my finger. There isn't much pain as long as I don't try and move to much. It's gonna take time for it to heal properly.

It's Father's Day, I did wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day yesterday when I was hanging out with him at Kenobi's birthday party. I told him the next time I'm down I'll take him out to lunch for Father's Day.

First thing I did was shave off my beard. I had planned to keep it around until the middle of July when I knew I would have to shave it off SDCC as I was cosplaying as a Hobbit and Hobbits don't have beards. But I decided to get rid of it early because of this new job. The beard wasn't growing in like I had hopped and was really crazy and wild looking.. so it had to go.

It's funny seeing me clean shaven, I have been this way since last comic con and after the con it quickly grew back. I like the beard to several reasons.. it hides my second chin :) but more importantly I'm lazy and it's so much easier to get up in the morning and not shave.

I did a few things around the house, ran some errands and caught up on some TV (Finally caught up on Lost Girl) soooooo gooood.

I recorded and edited a new episode of Knights of the Guild and got that posted and in the evening I had a skype call with Charles and recorded episode 0 of my new podcast The Geek Roundtable, this episode is just an introduction of the hosts and what we hope to accomplish with this podcast. It will be out soon.

I didn't get everything I wanted to get done but still a very productive day.. going to bed early as I need to get up early in order to get to work at 10. I'm not really that nervous about the new job, we see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment